Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pecking Order


There's a distinct pecking order in Siyuan's universe. If there are two forks in the fruit bowl, one belongs to him and the other to his mom. I only get a dip if there's a third fork.
Some days, he would get intensely protective of his sister. That applies even to me - he could try to shoo me away if he feels that it's not time for father to play with mei mei.
Failing that, he would enlist Lux's help. Funny aren't it?

But, he has a conscience. Once, he finished all the fruits in the bowl,and was bringing it back to the kitchen when he ran into me.
``Where's the fruit for papa?'' I asked.
He stared blankly at me, and then as he realized he had forgotten about me, his face went red. Stunned, he stood there, not knowing what to do. Lux had to cuddle him while i laughed my head off.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment