Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Raining in HK

It rained all the time we were in Sans Francisco and continued to pour when we're back. And guess what? For the first time in 7 months, since we got here, we have clear views in HK. When we went to the bayside track near our place, I can finally see across the bay. I never realized there were coloured buildings there.
I can see across the bay at my office view as well! My view there is no longer restricted to the buildings nearby. I can see why HK would be so attractive in the past, but the pollution is a real pain nowadays.

Sure, China has to do with a lot of it, but you have to wonder about emissions from local power stations and motor vehicles. I was at Mid-levels checking out a rental apartment when i first got here, and my eyes were tearing while standing on the street waiting for the property agent to arrive. I was there less than 10 minutes.
That's just from the motor vehicles emissions.

And if pollution is that bad from China, why is it worse in HK island than in New Territories which is nearer to China? you have to wonder, wonder, wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment